Triple Threat Camp
Young Performing Artists have opportunity to be involved with our summer’s “Triple-Threat” Arts Camp. Performers are involved with the creation of a 3/4 hour presentation piece which includes acting, singing, and dancing. Final presentations of their work will then be presented at the Corn & Apple Festival.
It is a new creation of the age old classics as performers, together with camp staff, collaborate ideas from which a script and presentation will be created for the Corn and Apple. Though certain elements will be prepared in advance, the creation of the piece allows performers to be involved in the creative process to help them better understand how plays and musicals are not only structured, but also how to develop better story-telling through acting, dance, and music. Daily goals and objectives work towards creating a fun presentation and to stretch the performers abilities and creativity in a safe and enjoyable environment.
Kenmor Theatre, 130 – 7th Street, Morden, MB
In Morden at Kenmor Theatre.
Call 1 (204) 822-9981 for more information.
- Monday, August 14 – Introductions & Creation Work
- Tuesday, August 15 – Script Review & Preparation
- Wednesday, Aug 16 – Rehearsals
- Thursday, Aug 17 – Rehearsals
- Friday, Aug 18 – Rehearsals & Full Run-Throughs
- Thursday, Aug 24 – Technical Rehearsals
- Friday, Aug 25 – Dress Rehearsals
- Saturday, Aug 26 – Parade Involvement & Afternoon Presentations
Full Day Itinerary (Ages 9 & up)
Itinerary to be confirmed – the following is a sample idea
- 9:00 AM – Opening Theatre Games & Warm-ups
- 9:10 AM – Acting Class/Rehearsal
- 10:40 AM – Dance Class 1
- 11:10 AM – Vocal Class 1
- 11:40 AM – Nutrition Break 1
- 12:00 (noon) – Dance Class 2
- 12:40 PM – Vocal Class 2
- 1:10 PM – Dance Class 2
- 1:50 PM – Nutrition Break 2
- 2:10 PM – Acting Class/Rehearsal
- 3:00 PM – Dance Class 3
- 3:45 PM – Debriefing & Review
- 4:00 PM – Finished